July 2021 | Version 1.0
What are cookies?
A ‘cookie’ is small piece of data (usually in the form of a text file) which may be placed on your device when you visit our website. These files do not contain personal data, but they do contain a personal identifier allowing us to associate your personal data with a certain device, i.e. it helps us to “remember” user behaviours. As a user, you are able to accept or decline cookies. Please note that if you decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the EXSA (Pty) Ltd website.
These files serve a number of useful purposes for you, including:
- ensuring the website functions correctly;
- granting you access to restricted content;
- tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences, location or device type;
- improving how our website performs;
- understanding who our audience is, so that we can provide content most relevant to you;
- allowing third parties to provide services to our website; and
- helping us deliver interest-based advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.
The types of cookies we use
We use different types of cookies. Some of these cookies are placed by us, while others are placed by our third-party plug-ins, suppliers or advertisers. These cookies may be deleted from your device at different times, such as at the end of your browsing session (when you leave the website) or after a pre-set amount time, or they may persist on your device until you delete them.
We use the following types of cookies:
- essential cookies – these are cookies that allow our website to perform its essential functions. Without these cookies, some parts of our websites would stop working.
- site analytics cookies – these are cookies that monitor how our website is performing, and how you interact with it. We use them to know how best to improve our website or services.
- functional cookies – these are cookies that remember who you are as a user of our website. We use them to remember any preferences you may have selected on our website, like saving your username and password, or settings.
- advertising cookies – these are cookies that matches your interests or web searches with applicable advertising campaigns on our website. We use them to provide you with advertising that we think you might find useful.
- social media cookies – these are cookies that integrate with social media platforms. We use them to help you share content from our website to your chosen social media platform.
If you wish to delete the cookies, you can also refer to your device manual or website manual for instructions.
Deleting or no longer accepting cookies may prevent you from accessing certain aspects of our website where cookies are necessary or cause the website to forget your preferences. Deleting cookies may not prevent you from seeing advertisements on our website, but such advertising may be less relevant to you.
Cookies placed on your device can always be deleted manually. Follow this link for more information on how you can do this: https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-delete-cookies/
Enquires about this policy can be directed to our information officer here email@example.com .